Monday, April 5, 2010

We are finally starting to be funny

So Matt and I spend a good portion of time singing and talking and playing with Lyla. She gives us a smile and plenty of arm waves and feet kicking to take flight, but never a real laugh... until last night! Matt was quacking like a duck and that was mildly funny to her. I say mildly because it wasn't a full belly laugh but it was more than her Ernie(as in Berts friend)laugh. It thrilled us to no end. If that isn't motivation to get a few more giggles, I don't know what is. To top it all off she found her feet today too. She has finally started grabbing them while she is laying on her changing table. Her changes happen in little clusters. It is amazing to see. Her smile is getting brighter and her excitement over sounds and toys is getting greater. She could watch the dogs all day long if given the chance. She reached out for Alice two days ago- pretty cute I think.

No comments: